You know the feeling when you’re watching The Great British Bake Off and you suddenly start feeling very hungry? Us too. Fortunately, GBBO finalist of season’s past Martha Collison has come up with a handy solution – her quirky ‘Ad Bake’ recipes can all be made in under four minutes, enough time to dash to the kitchen and be back before the adverts are over. We think her lemon and pistachio cheesecake looks particularly tempting; and you might even have time to put the kettle on, too.
For the base:
• 4 digestive biscuits
• 40g pistachio nuts + extra to decorate
• 25g butter
For the cheesecake:
• 200g full-fat cream cheese
• ½ lemon, juice and zest
• 2 tbsp icing sugar
• 2 tbsp lemon curd
1. Melt the butter in the microwave for around ten seconds
2. Place the digestive biscuits into a food processor with the pistachios, then blitz until the biscuits are finely ground and the nuts are roughly crushed
3. Add the butter and stir through the crushed biscuits, then divide the mixture into two small glasses, pressing it down to create an even layer
4. Beat the cream cheese, lemon juice and icing sugar together in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth
5. Stir through half the lemon zest, saving the rest for decoration
6. Add a layer of the cream cheese mixture and then lemon curd alternately on top of the biscuit base, finishing with a spoonful of cheesecake
7. Top with the remaining lemon zest and a few chopped pistachio nuts – and enjoy!
Energy saving top tip: Crush the biscuits and pistachios by hand using a handy rolling pin rather than the food processor – you’ll burn some calories too!