Quick, healthy and the perfect treat for summer days – these minted passionfruit ice lollies from Kimberly Parson’s new book of vegetarian, gluten-free recipes, The Yoga Kitchen, are just what a warm Bank Holiday Weekend called for.
pulp from 5 passion fruits
leaves from 2 sprigs of mint, washed
200g (7oz) fresh pineapple, peeled and roughly chopped
200ml (7fl oz/scant 1 cup) full-fat coconut milk
- Begin by placing all the passion fruit pulp into a small bowl and give it a quick stir with a fork to ensure the flesh and seeds are not clumped together. Set aside.
- Now place all the remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. (If using a regular blender, this may take 1 minute or longer).
- For the fresh look of the passion fruit in these ice lollies (popsicles), place a little of the passion fruit pulp into each of 6 lolly moulds (molds), then pour a little of the blended pineapple mixture over the top.
- Alternate this process, filling all of the moulds. Make sure to leave a little space for the liquid to expand, then using a lolly stick or skewer, stir the liquids together slightly.
- Place a lolly stick in each mould and put in the freezer until completely frozen.
- To remove, run the moulds under warm water until the seal is broken and the lollies slide out.
Taken from The Yoga Kitchen by Kimberly Parsons (Quadrille, £20) Photography Lisa Cohen